Our client, Bricor Mechanical Ltd., dba Ace Plumbing & Heating, has been serving the Okanagan Valley for over 35 years. Their business focus is providing, quality installations and maintenance of mechanical systems for their customers. They are now looking to replace their key leadership position of:
Responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, this position will develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements for three distinct business divisions – commercial, residential and service.
Working with tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, they will be responsible for general ledger preparation, financial reports, processing T4’s and other year-end payroll requirements. The Accounting Manger will have contact with Senior Management and the firm’s external advisors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises approximately 2-3 staff including AR / AP and payroll/benefits functions
- Handles Payroll in accordance with Labour Standards and all other Governing Regulatory bodies
- Ensures the accurate and timely processing of regulatory filing requirements for GST, PST, Payroll, WorkSafeBC and Income tax
- Oversees maintenance of systems software and hardware
- Manages the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Provides financial expertise in budgeting and accounting for management team
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ensures the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Responds to inquiries from management and other departmental managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests
- Supports budget, forecasting and job costing activities
- Assists in development and implementation of new produces and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed
- Works with reports to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitors the progress to enhance the performance improvement of the company
- Provides regular management reporting
- Assists in developing accounting policies and procedures, with a focus on internal controls
- Other roles as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a senior accounting role
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Accounting Programs, Financial Statement preparation and Government Standards
- Ability to multi-task with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Analytical and problem solving skills, with a strong focus on variance analysis
- Experience with Sage 300CRE (formerly Timberline) would be an asset
- CPA Designation (preferred but not required)
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- The ability to prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Along with a great team environment, our client offers a competitive compensation package and a group benefits plan. (Salary will be doq.)
Send resume, references and cover letter identifying Competition #BRI-05/17-BLO. Highlight relevant experience/knowledge & salary range expectations to:
email@example.com, Fax: (250-763-4688) or Mail: ENCOMPASS Benefits & HR Solutions Inc., #100-215 Lawrence Ave., Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L2
All inquiries will be maintained in the strictest of confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.